What do you think about the new site layout?

Household Data Clarification

Hi,

This may be unique to me or the way I think, but I as a 24 year old girl living with 2 roommates in a city, it becomes difficult to answer questions about my household. I always feel like I am not giving the most accurate data because the questions don't allow me to. For example, is my "household" income comprised of my salary, benefits & investments as well as those of my two roommates? Or, is my "household" income comprised of my salary & my parent's salaries. Becomes even more complex to give an accurate & useful dollar amount when considering joint mutual fund accounts between my father and me.

I know MintVine does not create the surverys, and I have adding feedback to a few surveys about this idea, but was wondering if anyone with roommates has the same concern.

34 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Cristina H shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  Scott Herren responded  · 

Hi Christina,

When living with roommates, you would be considered a household of one.

If you are living with family then your household would include the members of your family.

We are looking for a rough estimate of your gross income or a salary figure, generally speaking.

1 comment

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brolo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its just asking for ballpark figures. I dont think they want your exact W-2 amount for combined household taxable income from line 6b,4a,12c,32d or anything

Feedback and Knowledge Base